The journey of thousand miles starts with the first step forward. However, do you move forward because you have no other choice? Do you move forward because you are literally pushed? Do you move forward because you are stagnating in life? Do you move forward because it is uncomfortable to stand your ground reality?
There is a difference between a lame move forward and putting your best foot forward.
When you take your next step in life, it would be a good idea to ask yourself a question? “Am I putting my best foot forward?” If the answer is Yes…Wonderful! Go ahead.
However, if the answer is NO… Isn’t it the time to evaluate and figure out, why?
I remember, once I assigned some task to my teenage daughter. After explaining every thing, I looked at her face and asked her, would you do this? She said, “Mom, I would do this because you are telling me to do. However, I will not enjoy doing this. And if I do not enjoy doing this, it will not be fulfilling for you and me.”
The mom in me felt a bit of ‘let down’ and rejected butat the same time felt very proud of her clarity of thoughts and courage. I withdrew and assigned the same work to someone else immediately without getting upset ormaking a big fuss over it. She had the right to refuse what she did not enjoy. She had the right to do what she enjoyed. It would be my insecurity or my pseudo sense of authority which would force her to do what she did not feel like doing.
There are several reasons for not putting our best foot forward. Some of the important reasons are:
- Doing what you do not enjoy. When you do something with passion, invariably you put your heart and soul in it. However, there are several reasons, why you do things out of sense of compulsion. You may not have courage to opt out. You may not have creative ideas of figuring out the alternative ways to do things assigned to you. You may not have courage to say no.
- Internal conflict. When a part of you wants to do something and a part of your personality is rejecting the whole possibility and choosing to sabotage, you spend most of the energy, trying to overcome internal conflict. At times you do nothing eventually.
- Passive Aggressive Behaviour. This happens when there is a conflict between an authority figure, authority position, or authoritarian parent personality within you. There is a constant power game between the parent figure and the child figure in you. The parent figure tells you to do some thing like a responsible individual and the child in you would love to disobey. Inability to see the larger picture. Putting a brick after brick could be boring. But building a monument could be more inspiring.
- Waiting for others to appreciate. Start patting your own back, others will start appreciating you soon. The question is do you really appreciate yourself?
- Inability to generate interest in what you do. If you have an adverse and unhealthy mental tags attached to the task, you may not like to do that task. Typically, if you were punished for not ironing your clothes correctly, you might just hate ironing clothes without knowing why?
- Ill health and laziness. Check the mineral or vitamin deficiency because of which there could be a sense of lethargy and laziness. Think of going for right diet and right nutrition.
- Sleep deprivation. Lack of sleep or erratic schedule could deter you from giving your best
- Beginning with the end in mind. When you do not like what you are doing or what you are being, think of the end result that excites you. The joy and excitement of the possibility of the end results will make you move forward with more enthusiasm.
- Be adaptable. You may need to adapt to the environment and demands from others. Be prepared to change and others will reciprocate.
- Have faith. Know that eventually all are taken care of. You are being supervised, you are being lead from the highest guiding factors. Put your best foot forward, you will find resources and direction as you move forward in life.
Apart from the conscious ways of working, you could have affirmation based techniques which will help your conscious mind to bring about the Redikall Shift within you.
Commonest Basic Redikall Healing Chakras which needs correction are:
- Ankle joint chakra which indicates that you perceive a sense of weakness or shortcoming in you.
- Knee joint chakra which indicates that you need to be prepared for the upcoming changes and be flexible.
- Solar chakra, which indicates that you need to be in charge of life, rather than insisting on every thing to be under your control.
- The third eye chakra which indicates that you need to have a clear vision and objective.
- Left shoulder chakra which indicates that you need to stop worrying about the future outcome and have faith.
- PAB Chakra which indicates that you need to make peace with the authority figures or authoritarian part of your own personality and create a win win situation
Follow Aatmn Parmar on Facebook